Maintain your Sight, Maintain Your Well Being
Advanced Eye Surgeries with Great Outcomes, Right Here in San Antonio
ICL Implants are a great choice for individuals who are not candidates for LASIK or PRK.
For those with thin corneas or with unusual corneal maps there is hope for vision correction surgery. Implantable Collamer Lens is an implantable lens made of material naturally found in the body called collagen. This thin lens is carefully and precisely implanted in the space between the colored part of the eye called the iris and the clear natural lens in the eye. Rest assured our surgeon, Dr Alsheikh, is a highly experienced surgeon who specializes in LASIK, Cataract and Complex Intraocular Surgery.
ICL Implant Candidates
- People with thin Corneas.
- People with Very Large prescriptions.
- People with Suspicious Corneal Maps.
- People who want a 0% chance of developing irregular cornea from LASIK.
What is ICL Surgery
- Two small incisions are made in the cornea.
- A cushioning agent is injected into the front of the eye.
- The folded ICL Lens is carefully inserted through the incisions
- As the lens unfolds in the eye the surgeon carefully tucks the lens underneath the iris.
- The specialized lens design allows for greater stability within the eye.
- The soft and biologically inert material causes minimal disruption to the eye
Possible Side effects
There are no surgeries that have zero side effects. All surgeries can have side effects, but ICL implant surgery is a great and safe option for certain individuals. Thorough counseling is provided to discuss any possible unwanted effects.
- Cataract Formation
- Inflammation in the Eye
- Other side effects similar to other forms of Intra Ocular Surgery.
Choosing an ICL Surgeon
A good surgeon generally has experience with Intraocular Surgery. Has good and precise diagnostic equipment that measure the space available in the eye to implant the lens. It is also important to find a reputable surgeon who focuses on selecting the right candidate. This means that a certain percentage of candidates are screened out to avoid the side effects mentioned above.
How we ensure highest level of Quality for ICL Implant candidates
- Experienced ICL Surgeon.
- Trustworthy and credible surgeon.
- Precise diagnostic equipment.
- Thorough Counseling process.
- Experienced staff.
- Thorough quality management.
If you have been told that your are not a LASIK candidate you might want to call (210)-222-2154 to schedule a free consultation with Dr Alsheikh. Ask to speak with his staff about ICL implant procedure. His staff will put you at ease. Their Surgical Center is a Medicare accredited surgical center that performs over 1,500 intraocular procedures a year.
book a Consultation
Our experienced surgeons use advanced equipment to ensure successful outcomes