- Cataract Surgery San Antonio
- Cataract Surgery FAQs
- Premium Cataract Surgery
- Complex Cataract Surgery
- Complex Intraocular Lens
- Corneal Transplant
- Glaucoma Surgery
- ICL Implant
- Pterygium Surgery
- Standard Lens Implant
- Corneal Cross-linking
- Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL)
- IMT for End Stage Macular Degeneration
- INTACS for Keratoconus
- Istent for Glaucoma
- XEN Gel Stent
Implantable Collamer Lens (ICL)
Excellent Technology, Simple Procedure, and Great Solutions for Individual Who Cannot Get LASIK
For individuals with very large prescriptions, thin corneas, or slightly irregular corneas, LASIK and PRK may not be safe. For those individuals, ICLs are a great option. This surgery offers those individuals an option for improved vision where no other options existed previously.
- Less Glare – ICL offers less of a glare problem than LASIK or PRK because the cornea is left undisturbed.
- Reversible – The ICL lenses can be surgically removed if needed, making the procedure more reversible than LASIK or PRK.
- Great Outcomes – Satisfaction rate with ICL is 99%. Most patients are grateful and relieved that they still had options after being told they were not suitable LASIK or PRK candidates.
What is ICL?
A biocompatible collagen lens is placed under the iris and above your natural lens. The lens is very soft and pliable. It is made of a substance that is naturally found in the body, so placing it in the eye does not cause a reaction.
ICL Surgery is Safe and Comfortable
The surgery takes about 15 minutes and involves making two small slits in the cornea. A cushioning gel is placed in the eye to protect the internal eye structures. ICL is folded and injected through the small incision. It unfolds in the eye and is gently tucked under the iris. Recovery is usually quick and comfortable.
Call and Ask for a Consultation
If you have been told you are not a LASIK candidate, you might consider this procedure. Our surgeons will answer your questions, and help you determine whether this procedure is the right choice for you.