Maintain your Sight, Maintain Your Well Being
Advanced Eye Surgeries with Great Outcomes, Right Here in San Antonio
Dr. Oday Alsheikh C. V.
Oday Alsheikh, M.D.
PRESENT POSITION AND ADDRESS:
Corneal Transplant, Cataract & Refractive Surgery
Braverman-Terry-Oei Eye Associates
1100 North Main Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212
PREVIOUS POSITION AND ADDRESS:
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
The University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Blvd
Galveston, Texas 77555-1106
- 2007-2008 Cornea, Cataract & Refractive surgery, Shiley Eye Center Univ. of California San DiegoFellowship San Diego, California
- 2004-2007 Residency, Ophthalmology. Casey Eye Instititute Portland, Oregon
- 2003-2004 Internship, Christus St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, Texas
- 1999-2003 Medical Degree, Texas Tech School of Medicine, Lubbock, Texas
- 1994-1999 B.S. Degree, Univ. of Houston, Houston, Texas
- American Board of Ophthalmology: Certified in 2008
- 2008-present Texas Medical License No. N1250
- 2007-2008 California Medical License No. A99303
- 2008-2011 Assistant Professor, University of Texas Medical Branch, Deptof Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES & PUBLICATIONS:
- 2012 FDA Clinical Trial, A Prospective, Multicenter Clinical Trial of thePresVIEW Scleral Implant (PSI) for the Treatment of Presbyopia
- 2011 Clinical Research, Risk factors for Intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome.
- 2011 Case Series- pending- Coumadin and Intraoperative Floppy Iris syndrome a case series.
- 2011 Case Report- pending- Case report of Bilateral Simultaneous Iritis in a patient receivingTarceva.
- 2011 Clinical Research-pending- Novel technique for management of unexpected radializationof Capsulorhexis during phacoemulsification.
- 2010-2011 Allergan FDA studyA multicenter, Randomized, Double-Masked, Parallel- Group study Evaluating the efficacy and Safety of Cyclosporine Ophthalmic solution 0.01% Compared with its Vehicle Administered QID for 3 months followed by a 9 month Open-Label Phase in Patients with Atopic Keratoconjuncitivitis.
- 2007-2008 Clinical research Retrospective analysis of Endothelial cell count in post DSAEK and PKP patients.
- 2004 Molecular/Cell Biology Side effects of Tumstatin and Tum4 on transduced Human vascular Endothelial cells in culture; Timothy Stout MD, PhD; Casey Eye Institute.
- 1999 Cell Biology, Genetic screening/ analysis of truncated Estrogen and Progesterone receptors in chimeric mice; Baylor College of Medicine, Connally Lab
- 1998 Developmental Biology, Effects of BNP on neutralization of Xenopus embryos; Univ. Houston
- 2010-2011 Dept of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences Quality Care Committee Chairperson, University of Texas Medical Branch.
- 2010-2011 Director of Surgical Simulation Program at Dept of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch.
- 2008-2010 Integrated Clinical Evaluation Exercise.
- 2008-2009 Gross Anatomy and Radiology Facilitator.
- 2008-2009 Practice of Medicine 1 Facilitator.
- 2012 Implementation of Lean Quality Improvement methodology to decrease patient wait time. Development of KPI, Voice of customer campaigns, Standardization of Operating procedures and training of Quality Improvement Team.
- 2011 Build Quality Management infrastructure for Dept of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences. This includes voice of customer and voice of employee campaigns, automation and standardization of incident reports and quality data collection. Implementation of Lean process improvement to increase efficiency and decrease patient wait time.
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery: 2007-present
- American Academy of Ophthalmology: 2007- present.
- America Medical Association: 2004- present
- June 2011 Igrafx Process for Six Sigma software- 20hr course certification in Business Process Analysis for Six Sigma using Igrafx software.
- October 2010 Minitab Statistical Analysis software- 32 hr course certification in statistical analysis for Six Sigma Black Belt.
- 2007 Refractive Surgery Certified Visx S4 IR, Intralase systems, INTACS intrastromal rings implants
- 2004 Basic Course in vascular Microsurgery. Plastic Surgery Dept. Christus St. Joseph Hospital
- 2010 Top 100 Health Professionals – International Biographical Centre.
- 2007 Ophthalmic Knowledge Award/Casey Eye Institute
- 2001 Alpha Omega Alpha Texas Tech School of Medicine
- 1999-2003 Presidential School of Medicine/Texas Tech School of Medicine
- 1999-2003 Merit Scholarship
- Professional Interest: Complex cataracts, dislocated intra-ocular lens implants, cornea transplantation, and refractive surgery. Special interest in high volume cataract surgery and resident phacoemulsification surgical training.
Hobbies / Extracurricular Activities:
- Language Proficient in Arabic language (reading and writing)
- Hobbies Poetry, writing, oil painting, rock climbing and equestrian sports
PUBLICATIONS – IN PRESS:
- Journal of Differentiation-2003 Evidence of antagonism of BMP4 signal Map Kinase during Xenopus axis determination… (secondary author).
CONTINUED EDUCATION PROGRAMS PRESENTED:
- 4/24/2010 Continued Medical Education Lecture for Doctorsof Optometry: Corneal degenerations versus Corneal Dystrophy
- 10/18/2009 Continued Medical Education Lecture for Doctor of Optometry: Post Operative Complications of Cataract Extraction and IOL implants.
- 8/12/2010 Continued Medical Education Lecturer for Doctors of Optometry: Ocular Surface Disease in the Contact Lens Patient.
book a Consultation
Our experienced surgeons use advanced equipment to ensure successful outcomes